> Double-sided doesn't hurt anything of course, although it's too bad you
can't make 3.5" flippy disks as easily as you could 5.25"!

After rereading this I wanted to make one critical point.   Remember, if
yours is truly the TPDD2, it already is double sided.  It formats the drive
as 100K per side (200K total).  You use the "Bank" feature in TS-DOS to
switch between which side you're accessing.   So, no need to be fantasizing
about flippy-floppies.  ;-)

It was the original TPDD that is only 100K single sided.

Gary