> After rereading this I wanted to make one critical point.   Remember, if
> yours is truly the TPDD2, it already is double sided.  It formats the drive
> as 100K per side (200K total).  You use the "Bank" feature in TS-DOS to
> switch between which side you're accessing.   So, no need to be fantasizing
> about flippy-floppies.  ;-)

But wait!  This is the story that I believed for years, as it was told
to me by *someone* out there.  And having not ever closely examined
the drive to see if there's *actually* two read/write heads, I
believed it.   Until tonight.

The "Bank" feature definitely accesses the second 100k, but smack me
upside the head please:  There's only one drive head!  So please
disregard everything I said before; apparently the 200k format is just
higher density (closer track spacing??).   All these years, believing
something incorrect...

Feel free to commence fantasizing about 3.5" flippy-floppies once again.  ;-)

--
Gary Weber
g...@web8201.com