There should be a little difference in speed, the data to and from the disk in not streamed, it is buffered in RAM in chunks on the drive controller board and then transferred to disk (or back to serial). And everything is done asynchronously. I'm sure 19200 was chosen for robustness though, the RS232 interface on the drive controller is not a proper implementation and only provides 0 to 5V signaling for "mark" and "space", not the proper -3V to -15V for a "mark" and +3V to +15V for a "space". And looking at the schematic for the T200, it's the same way too.

Darren