Have you considered removing the knob and removing it from the board, and
rebuilding the pot? Clean it all with contact cleaner/tv tuner cleaner,
reassemble it.

I did this for some radio push buttons (the super long ones that turn on and
off like 8 circuits) inside an old graphical equalizer and the thing is like
new now.

Sent from your iPhone.