I’ve removed the pot, but it’s really tiny (surprising for the age of the
machine), and not something that looks like it would survive disassembling.

I’ve put a 50k trimpot in it’s place to confirm that the fix works (it does).
I’m still looking for something that will take the original thumbwheel for a
permanent fix though.

Ian