DOSBOX makes it easy to run the "old" DOS programs i.e. TEENY, DeskLink even on
PC with Windows 10 32/64bit.
Serial communication even via a USB-serial adapter (I run a Prolific PL-2303)
with my T-Models (100, 102, 200)
runs well w/o any issues. It´s well documented and configuration is not
difficult.

Georg

========== Ihre Nachricht ==========================================

von      : Brian White <bw.al...@gmail.com>
gesendet : Mittwoch, 20. September 2017, 09:49
an       : m...@bitchin100.com
Betreff  : [M100] Questions regarding REX and file transfer

__________ Originalnachricht _______________________________________

teeny works with most, maybe all tpdd servers. I use it almost exclusively with
dlplus myself. the dlplus package actually includes teeny and a teeny-installer.

It's actually fairly convenient once you've done it once or twice so you don't
actually have to read and think about all the prompts.

On Sep 20, 2017 3:44 AM, "Jim Anderson" <jim.ander...@kpu.ca> wrote:

> [...]

This is awesome!  This means I can now recover from a cold reset without having
to fetch the disk drive and cable.

I played around with it a bit today and noticed one thing: the TSLOAD.CO it
creates works fine but is one byte oversize because the value for P2 is too
large by one.  With that fixed, the file is written out as the right size, and
you don't need to subtract one from P2 in the FOR loop in line 50 anymore:

50 A=P1:FORI=0TOP2:READB:POKEA+I,B:NEXT
100 DATA 56400,525,56400

> I would have to create and injector for the Android version of mComm to

Oh please oh please oh please :)

> make this work. But I tend to agree with John and others that perhaps
> TEENY is a better route for injecting a small TPPD client. TSLOAD may be
> less that 1k in size but it allocates the full size of TS-DOS when
> installed. So you end up loosing 5-6k by loading a loader that is less
> than 1k.

I have to admit that I had completely failed to notice how much space was being
occupied when I was originally playing around with bootstrapping from the
TPDD2.  I had always assumed that having TSLOAD.CO in RAM rather than the full
DOS100.CO was meant to save memory space by loading DOS100.CO from disk every
time, but it seems like TSLOAD.CO reserves space for DOS100.CO to temporarily
load from disk (whereas launching from something like UR-2 prompts you to
temporarily change HIMEM at load-time).  Checking it again by wiping my m100
today, I see I lose 7092 bytes after bootstrapping TSLOAD.CO from the original
disk, which is the size of the executable plus 6560 bytes.  It seems like it
would be better if there were a way to directly bootstrap DOSxxx.CO into a
blank model T which only needs 5700-ish bytes and then you have everything you
need on-board.

You're right, this does kind of stink from a memory usage point of view, but if
you want to run TS-DOS and you don't have a ROM to launch it from, you don't
have many choices... unless TEENY has subdirectory support (ie. working with
mComm).  I thought it only understood the actual TPDD/2 drives.

> I did manage to find TSLOAD for the 200 but I will have to convert that
> later.

I'm expecting a 200 in the mail (someday), so that'd be super when you get a
chance as I only have the TS-DOS floppy for the 100.  Not sure if the Tandy
Utility Disk can load FLOPPY onto a T200 or not.

        jim