http://tandy.wiki/Disk/Video_Interface

It's a pain but it's doable.

The pictures there don't show the process, only the final result
unfortunately. I used a sacrificial 40pin female idc connector with the
strain relief clip as a guide to hold all the split & twisted  wires into a
flat ribbon so that you can get them all arranged into the male 40pin idc
connector. I use a Panavise to crimp, not any official crimping tool.

But by clicking on the pics to get the full size ones, you can see what you
need to do.