TPDD1 or TPDD2? The TPDD1 uses single density disks and TPPD2 I believe used double density disks (not 100% sure since I only have a TPPD1). But in the specs the TPPD1 reads/writes 40 tracks, and the TPDD2 reads/writes 80 tracks.

http://www.pestingers.net/pdfs/other-computers/radio-shack/pdd-man.pdf
http://www.pestingers.net/pdfs/other-computers/radio-shack/pdd2-man.pdf