Have you tried a cold boot?  Sometimes just removing the batteries and the
backup do not really reset the RAM modules.

After that check the voltages internally make sure nothing has changed.

________________________________
From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> on behalf of Kevin Becker
<ke...@kevinbecker.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 16:34
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: [M100] Model 102 died

I was just sorta messing around on my Model 102 just now, transferring a few
BASIC programs with dlplus and setting up some RAM images in my REX when
suddenly I tried to switch to an older RAM image and the screen came up with a
single question mark ? on each line and a ?S on the last line.  Power off/on
and it showed the same thing.  I pulled the batteries and turned off the backup
battery and then I got random pixels all over the display.  If I hit enter and
type "beep" nothing happens either.  I pulled the REX out and tried using a
power adapter instead of batteries with no luck.

Any ideas?  I had it apart a few months ago to replace the NiCad and none of
the capacitors looked obviously bad to me.