From: M100 [mailto:m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Becker
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2018 10:29 AM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] mComm 1.80 for Android

Any recommendations for an Android TV box?  I assume just about any one would
work fine for this purpose.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 12:28 AM, Kurt McCullum <kurt.mccul...@att.net
<mailto:kurt.mccul...@att.net> > wrote:

I just uploaded a new Android version of mComm to the members file area. I
managed to add a few things. First, when you plug in a FTDI or Prolific
adapter, mComm will start and ask you if you want to associate the two. If you
click yes, then it will stay like that and not ask you again.

Second item of interest is the removal of the Virtual Modem button. Just go
into TPDD mode. If you want to change to virtual modem mode go into TELCOM and
press enter. A prompt will tell you that the mode has been switched. To switch
back, type TPDD. A prompt will tell you that you have switched back into TPDD
mode and you can exit TELCOM.

There are 5 stored modem commands. I got tired of typing the url addresses all
the time.

This works on an Android TV box as well. The one issue is that you can’t boot
the box with the USB to serial adapter plugged in. I’m still working on this
one but if you use it like I think people will, it won’t be much of an issue. I
just turn the box on, wait till it boots and plug the adapter in. It stays on
under my desk from that point.

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Download Here
<http://www.club100.org/memfiles/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=mComm180.apk&directory=Kurt%20McCullum/mComm%20Android&;>

Kurt