That EME adapter is one of the slickest things ever made for Model
100/102/200. It is an adapter that lets you plug a standard 27C256 eprom
into the non-standard rom socket. It was called a ROMBO.

It solves two different problems at once.

* The socket does not have normal sockets for normal chip legs. It has pins
that press on the side, and the rom chip is normally supposed to have it's
legs bent around a carrier like the J legs on a qfp chip. This adapter
comes with a bock of plastic that fills up the space inside the chip legs
to support them from behind, so that a normal 27C256 with straight legs can
be stuffed into the socket and the socket legs can push on the outside of
the chip legs without bending them. This means you can insert and remove a
normal chip indefinite times, and still be able to put the rom into a
reader to rewrite it, because you don't have to bend the chip legs around
the carrier.

* The socket is not a standard pinout. This thing converts the pinout from
M100-M200 option rom pinout on the outside surface, to standard 27C256
pinout on the inside surface.

It means you can play with burning option roms with an ordinary dip28
27c256, without needing to build one of these http://tandy.wiki/FigTronix

Some more info:
http://www.club100.org/library/librom.html

http://tandy.wiki/EME_Systems