> Just got done constructing and installing a REX using build 162. The flash
> of the Xilinx and the loading of the Rex software via Tpdd went smooth. It
> all looks right up until I actually try to do the call 63012.  The Rex is
> installed in a 32k model 100 and the previous option rom worked flawlessly,
> so I know the socket works properly.  So how long does the REX take to
> start? Am I just being impatient ?

There's probably either a) a solder bridge on the flash chip; or b)
too much flux residue on the board (again, esp around the flash). If
you didn't clean the PCB with alcohol, do that first. Then re-flash
the REXMGR (no need to do the CPLD) and re-test. Failing that, you'll
need to re-flow the solder. On one of my early boards, I actually had
to go as far as to remove the flash chip, clean the flux from
underneath it (I was using too much when I first got started building)
and re-install it with less flux to get it working.

-Josh