This will get a little confusing because we're talking about both main rom
and option rom at the same time, so watch for that the rest of this post.

The 100, 102, 200, 600, NEC all use 27C256, both for main rom and option
rom *electrically*, but, in most cases the pinouts are rearranged. And it's
not the same rearranging in all cases either.

In most (not all) 100s main rom, and in all 100, 102, 200, nec option rom,
the pinout is rearranged.

Some late model 100s, all 102, 200, and 600, (not sure about nec), main rom
uses normal pinout.

Model 600 is the only one I know that uses normal pinout in the option rom
socket.

Also, the rearranged pinout for Model 100 main rom is different from the
rearranged pinout for the option rom!

But at least the option rom pinout is the same between all 100, 102, and
200, and I think nec too.

(I don't have an nec and haven't look it up so really every time I'm trying
to say "they all do X except one does Y..." I can't say if nec is included
or another exception)

The figtronix adapter boards are a little odd. The option rom adapters use
28C256 instead of 27C256, so that you can re-flash them without a UV eraser.

One of the main rom adapters actually uses 28F256, instead of 28C256 or
27C256. I'm not sure why, but it works. 28F256 is a different pinout from
28C256 or 27C256, but electrical and signal compatible. I used it on a
couple 100s. I liked it because it makes the main rom both removable and
easily re-flashable because it can be removed from the pinout adapter, but
it's hard to recommend, because it does require desoldering the original
dip28 socket to make enough room for the new adapter and tall through-hole
style plcc socket.

It probably makes more sense all in all, to use the Mike Stein main rom
adapter, which uses a plain dip28 27C256, with the new rom soldered to the
adapter, and the combined module inserted in the original socket. Because
that preserves the original mother board, and it is still physically
possible to remove and update the main rom, you just need to make up a
programming adapter to reverse the adapter pinout back to normal, or use a
test clip to clip right on to the rom but those test clips are getting hard
to find. You can't have both the original socket on the motherboard and a
socket on the adapter. There isn't room in the case.

Setting aside of course the other option which is that there is a way to
use a REX to not only replace the main rom, but have a fully software
hackable main rom after that once it's installed. But that requires
installing the rex a little more permanently than usual.