Wow - all this Pocket Computer activity.

One thing I encountered when replacing the Ni-Cd batteries in the cassette/printer for my PC-2, was the printer requires these batteries to be present even if the unit is operated on mains power. It uses the batteries as a current sink, the mains unit can't provide peak requirements.

Reminds me to get my PC-2 and printer out for its yearly run-up. I always marvel at the small-print these things are capable of.

Philip

On 9/08/2018 7:41 AM, Jim Toth wrote:
My PC-2 and CGP-115 do deserve medical grade printer pens.  Nothing but the best.

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Brian White <mailto:bw.al...@gmail.com>
    *To:* m...@bitchin100.com <mailto:m...@bitchin100.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:57 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [M100] TRS-80/Tandy Pocket Computer

    You can get new pens, as in actually new, not new old stock, from
    a german medical supplies company, and you can get new motor
    pinion gears by 3d printing believe it or not. I have also found
    the gear in brass, from a r/c helicopter company, but those appear
    to be no longer manufactured, just existing stock.

    The pens and gears are the same as for the CGP-115 and a bunch of
    other plotters that all used the same engine. The paper size is
    different though.

    http://tandy.wiki/CGP-115

    On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 10:08 PM Jim Toth <jt...@localnet.com