I was thinking about that with this Teensy. It has an rtc built-in, so it
would seem to be trivial to have the tpdd-server code recognize a magic
not-real filename and supply dynamic data as though it were file contents.
>From the M100 you just open a special file name and read the the the date,
time and day values out of it. No special commands, just assume that there
is a dos of any sort already installed and just try to access the virtual
filename.

I think there are filenames that are "legal" to most dos's as in, the dos
lets you supply the name as a value to commands, that aren't actually
"legal" on the M100, IE such a file would never, could never, exist since
it's not .ba, .co, .do etc. Like how the original tpdd util disk has a file
with a .sy extension. So there should be no problem with thinking up a
magic filename that is guaranteed never to conflict with any legitimate
user file.

You could do all kinds of commands that way.