Yes. I can and it works fine in both directions.

Can you pass data in both directions from a simple serial terminal on
your PC? Without flow control involved on either end?

Try "cool term" if you need a Windows serial terminal that's easy to
deal with. If you can't pass traffic or you get serial framing errors,
you might have a bad serial port / UART on your Model 100.

-Josh