Hey Everybody:

Just got an FTDI "Chip-X10" usb serial adapter/cable the other day. While
messing around with it on various systems I was able to install it on my
Asus chromebox (a desktop chromebook) by just plugging it in, since the
Chrome OS has built in recognition of FTDI devices. I like my chromebox for
everyday stuff since it is simple, problem free and cheap.

Anyhow, I was able to use a chrome app, from the Chrome store called
Cereal-com
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cereal-com/ofgchohacklchmmbojmjlcgbdckliaoc>
(too
cute!) to up and download text and files via the FTDI RS-232 cable, like a
graphical Hyperterm. Very Cool! This should work within the Chrome browser
as well if anyone wants to give it a try. I may post instructions on its
use, as said the com settings are similar to what you'd use for Hyperterm
under WindowsXP

Let me know if you do

Dave Szasz NV3F