This is normal behavior it is the 00H - Directory Reference message,
requesting the first directory block and subsequent blocks. The byte after
the attribute specifies the type.  I agree it does look weird when you see
it happening.

Do you happen to have a link to the MENU.BA file I would like to try the
exercise see if the results are the same, thnx.  However first I need to
fix my M100 it now has a clock problem when I powered it up this morning,
it was working yesterday :)

On 15/10/19, 3:28 AM, "M100 on behalf of Brian K. White"
<m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com on behalf of bw.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>There does seem to be something weird with SD2TPDD though (at least my
>hacked-up version).
>If I enable debugging to the serial console, reading a file from SD to
>M100 generates traffic that looks questionable.
>There's a packet that repeats a bunch of times that looks like it has
>the filename minus the first letter. No idea what that's about. Almost
>looks like it's doing that operation wrong, and TS-DOS is retrying a
>bunch of times before giving up.
>The reverse operation, writing the same file from M100 to SD, generated
>far fewer packets, and didn't have any packets that looked like missing
>the first letter of the filename.
<snip>