I'm a bit late to the party but I use a 6V lantern battery (one of those
big cubes) and a holder designed for it.  It will last years at the
current draw that the M100 has -- in fact, the battery started leaking
before I drained all the power from it. :-)  No damage -- I removed the
battery from its holder before it could do any.

Cheers,    Bert