Did he do PC3 screens too? I've got a PC3 that could use a new screen...

------ Original Message ------
From: "Josh Malone" <josh.mal...@gmail.com>
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Sent: 3/3/2020 4:25:58 PM
Subject: Re: [M100] LCD Lines

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 10:10 AM Stephen Adolph <twospru...@gmail.com> wrote:
I recently had very good luck fixing an LCD.

With careful inspection with a microscope I found corrosion on the traces that drive the LCD from a particular driver. The corrosion was right under the rubber conducting gasket. I disassembled the LCD, removed the gasket, carefully repaired the traces, reassembled and voila all good.

I have had very poor luck re-assembling M100 LCDs into a workable state. My experience has been that the zebra strips never make good contact again once they've been removed from the PCB; they deform over the years to take the imprint of the copper pads such that they are not smooth anymore. I periodically fantasize about finding a company that can manufacture new zebras for the M100 (similar to how new PC1/PC3 LCDs were recently manufactured by Robert B.)

Am I in the minority?

-Josh