A 27C512 has the identical pin configuration as a 27C256 with the exception of
pin 1. Pin 1 is used to access the upper 32k or the ROM.

On the system board, U11 is the chip of interest. Here is what happens when you
go from bank 1 to 2 and to 3.
10 15
 0 0 = Bank 1
 0 1 = Bank 2
 1 1 = Bank 3

If you tie pin 1 of the 27C512 to pin 15 of U11, then when you switch banks,
you switch ROMs. I have two machines wired this way. My third machine has my
REX in it because it's far easier to test ROM images with REX than to burn them
to a ROM.

Kurt