On 4/29/20 4:24 PM, Brian K. White wrote:

On 4/29/20 7:16 PM, Brian K. White wrote:
On 4/29/20 6:30 PM, me wrote:

Got my cables. Connected my 200 to my linux workstation. It's plugged into the standard usb. I downloaded the software, expanded it in root, invoked teeny. I typed in the command run"cmo:98n1enn and it continues to fail in detecting the laptop.

Could it be dosbox's listening to serial and not usb?

Could you try:

git clone https://github.com/bkw777/dlplus.git
cd dlplus
make && sudo install
dl -h
dl -v -b=TEENY.200

It uses /dev/ttyUSB0 by default, and that will only be correct if there is only one usb-serial plugged in, and you haven't removed and re-plugged it within a few minutes. Otherwise, ls /dev/USB* and see what your device name actually is currently if not ttyUSB0, and see the help from "dl -h" to override that and other defaults.

Also, be sure you have the right serial cable wiring:
http://tandy.wiki/Model_100_102_200_600_Serial_Cable

Those are actually tested and mapped out wiring, those 3 specific models in the "ideal cables" section are special, not like 99% of other cables that look the same on the outside.

If you have an ordinary 9-25 modem cable (much more common, because they used to come with every modem), then you need to add a null-modem adapter. There's links for that too on there buried in the Summary section.

If you have the C2G 03019, or one of the other 2 ideal ones, then you only need the cable and you connect it directly to the usb-serial, no other null-modem or gender-chager adapters. And the Sabrent link on the bottom is an ideal usb-serial adapter, because it has an ftdi chip, and has nuts that the serial cable can screw in to.

I bought the usb to rs232 db 9 pin serial cable and the db0 female to db25 male serial null modem cable