I was verifying operation of the cassette port on a Model 4 today and found
that while the cassette recorder responded to commands from the M4, both
saving and loading a basic program, the M4 did not recognize any files
written by the M100 /102.

I've been using the CCR-81 Cassette recorder as the primary storage and
backup for the smaller machines and I assumed that Radio Shack would have
taken pains to ensure transferability between the laptop and the desktop.

I couldn't find much documentation on the subject anywhere, but I did try
both <CR> <CR> and <L> <CR> when prompted booting the M4 into BASIC.  Is
there something I'm missing or is this just not possible?

Thanks for your assistance.

-CH-

Virus-free.
www.avg.com