Oh man... I wanted to do this, too, and I was going to make a rectangular
opening in the top case above the barrel jack and mount an Anderson plug flush
to the opening, in the empty space under the logo plate.  Again, never got
around to it...

> Lesson learned:   Do not leave NiCads on charge for too long.

This is yet another reason why I'm afraid to charge the batteries inside the
machine with just a resistor in series rather than a charge control circuit.  :)

        jim