Yeah, I recall the keyboard scan loop causing me some headaches when I wrote it (that was like 2004 I believe). The Model T has a key-repeat timing that is based on the timing of the background "tick". Trying to get this correct with different "emulated time" where the emulation speed was like 130MHz (at the time) took some effort. When I first implemented a simple "key is pressed" / "key is not pressed" routine, I would get like 27 characters for each key I pressed.

Perhaps that keyscan logic needs some review. I created some 2021 goals for myself ... I think I will add releasing VirtualT 1.8 to that list.

Ken