Curtis,

Once you plug your USB to serial adapter into your system, it will show up
under /dev. You have to have permissions to access it so you will likely need
to use chmod on it before you can use it. By default, mComm will use the first
serial port (if there are any). By default, mComm will create a TPDD folder in
your user folder. If permissions on the tty device are proper, then calling
mcomm from a prompt should work with the defaults.

Kurt