Hydrogen peroxide gave me wonderful results. But like you said, it's expensive. So I don't buy hydrogen peroxide. I buy hair bleaching gel. Buy it at "40 Volume" or (even better) "50 Volume" concentration. That means it's 15% hydrogen peroxide, plus some other chemicals to make it a gel that stays in place when you apply it. I was able to get a liter of that stuff for about $15US, and since it's not made for use in a laboratory or anything, it's not too hard to find, and it's cheap. Smear that on the yellowed plastic, put the parts in a clear plastic bag to prevent evaporation, and put it outside on a sunny day. The ultraviolet light from the sun reacts with the peroxide and pulls the yellow out of the plastic with no damage to the original color, texture, or integrity of the part. A full day in the sun cleans up most parts.

Hope this helps!

--Justin