When Steve and I were playing with M100 to M100 communication over the
internet way back when, he spent a fair bit of time trying to overcome the
small buffer in the Model Ts but I don't think he could ever get it to work
100%. IIRC reducing the buffer size in the ethernet 'modem' down to one did
solve the problem but wasn't an option with all versions of the adapters.