There are lots of ways to interface to the M100 aside from the 'normal'
ports, for instance using the Bar Code port to measure frequency and/or
voltage, using the RS-232 control lines as digital I/O lines and of course
the easiest of all, the cassette motor relay.

But the actual details of the interface will depend entirely on your
sensors and what you want to do with them.

Years ago John W. designed and built a great little interface called the
"ADIOS', with several digital and analog I/O ports that it would
send/transmit over the RS-232 port; maybe someone would want to copy it
(with his permission of course).