The NSC800 conversion is mostly compatible stand alone with M100 software.

There are a couple of things it can't do, like use the cassette port or
importantly it cannot run REXMGR.

(The latter is because all of REX leverages undocumented opcodes.  I don't
want to rewrite REX# or REXCPM software for this. )

But you do need REXCPM  hardware to support CPM.

That's why for the most part it only makes sense to drop in a Z80 if you
want to run CPM.  Then you get access totally the software out there.

Without the REXCPM hardware you get .. an M100 work alike.  Well it can run
Z80 opcodes too in case you want to write machine code.

Cheers
Steve