I fear I have stepped into the infamous endless rebuild loop that already drove
thousands of Eclipse users away to IntelliJ. ☹

I am experiencing HOURS-long “Updating Maven Project” & Rebuilding Workspace
loops which only end up again in all projects being marked with a red marker
“Project configuration is not up-to-date with pom.xml Select Maven -> Update
bla-bla….” Just before seconds later this whole thing starts again. This is
clearly unacceptable!

When I unfold the user operations it seems that there are mainly JPA Facet File
Change Event Handler and - to a lesser extent – JPA Project Change Event
Handler waiting and running – and on top always “Updating Maven Project”.

While my projects do use JPA I haven’t anything JPA/Hibernate/DB-related for
weeks! So why does this suddenly run havoc?

What are the steps to do and settings to tick off or change to break out of
this vicious loop?