I recently upgraded from Eclipse 2021-09 to 2021-12.  I'm seeing some loss
of functionality in the Maven pom editor, and I need to understand what
happened here.  I did notice some discussions about some of these points,
but I didn't see a clear conclusion from those threads.

Right now, I have both 2021-09 and 2021-12 open.  All of my projects are in
git, and I have about the same projects open.  I'm viewing the pom.xml for
one project in both.  I see some slight color changes, but I don't care
about that.

In 2021-09, if I put the cursor on the artifactId value for the parent pom,
I can press F3, which is bound to "open-selection", and it will open the
parent pom in another buffer.

In 2021-12, when I do the same, it gives me an error dialog with the title
"Open Hyperlink", saying "The operation is not applicable to the current
selection".  Then, I noticed that F3 is bound to "open-hyperlink", not
"open-selection".

In Keys preferences, I inspected the bindings for F3, and they seem
identical, but I see that "open-selection" has a "When" value of "Editing
in Structured Text Editors" and "open-hyperlink" has a When value of "In
Generic Code Editor".  I also looked at the "File Assocation" settings for
"pom.xml", and they also seem to be the same, both referencing "Generic
Text Editor" and "Maven POM Editor", with the latter being at the top for
both.  It appears that somehow it thinks that 2021-12 is using the "Generic
Code Editor" instead of the "Maven POM Editor".