When my brother shot himself it was good. His
psycholologic stress had gotten too overwhelming. His
suffering was too great. His learning too
insignificant. Those of us who knew him were neither
surprised or distressed. Only people who learned how
to relate to the world by watching TV were acting
upset. The upset those people brought to the occassion
was a discredit to the life that had ended.

The upset arises in egocentricity and is shameful
behavior.

--- LaVona Sherarts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You are absolutely correct.
> I lived next to my father in law for twenty year in
> small town. When he committed suicide it was I who
> got
> the telephone calls. That was hard to deal with.  I
> talked as simply as possible about it knowing that
> people were shocked and most really cared.
> That did help me overcome my feelings about it. May
> he
> rest in peace.
> A mail art project? Yes, I think it would be a good
> one for the arts people. I would contribute.
>
> --- guido bondioli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > --- Tricia Burr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >I am also thinking that someone might
> > > want to do a mail art call on suicide/illness
> > since
> > > it has generated such meaningful dialogue here.
> > > Tricia Burr.
> >
> > It would be far better if people left suicide and
> > those who use it alone. When people are
> sufficiently
> > stressed to feel like killing themselves, it is
> kind
> > to be helpful and otherwise leave them and the
> > subject
> > alone.

> > protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com