Check the silent mode switch above the volume buttons. if that switch is towards the back of the phone flick it so it points more towards the screen. this is a hardware thing not a software thing

From: "michael weaver" <weavermi...@googlemail.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 1:24
To: <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Subject: loss of feedback on i-phone 4

can anyone help me on this one.
i showed someone my i-phone yesterday as they offered to keep in contact with me. however voiceover said muting when she turned it in a certain way so i thought that my whole speech had stopped. voiceover is still working but i don't get any feedback anymore when entering text etc so although i hear voiceover, i don't get the clicks or tones when entering text or even error messages. i tried putting the setting back with a reset after going through my settings, keyboard, accessibility, etc and finding nothing and i also looked under general and although my reset asked me if i just wanted to restore my settings, my i-phone decided to again go through the setup process and i am still not getting sounds after doing a backup from i-cloud.
where do i need to look under in order to restore keyboard settings?
it is a pain when typing and me being left wondering if things are being entered correctly and i have lost the clicks when entering passwords for example? i looked at something called keyboard clicks and that was on so it is a bit strange i have not been able to put things back as they were.

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free!