It's alright garth, no worries.

to be honest, you've just cheered me up lol. Running the organization is a
stressful thing, especially when it comes to contact with companies, supply
chains and clearance bases for parts, machines, software, etc.

I agree on the points you've raised.

the whole ppoint of a computer or data system is the development and use of a
HUI (Human user interface)

going back to the days when the mouse slowly crept into system use, everything
was purely keyboard based to run applications, perform simple and complex tasks.

moving through the years, IT has changed dramatically, from OS implementation,
accessibility and so much more, so yes there's going to be a point where we VI
and blind users have a difficult time mastering the various shortcuts for a
screen reader as well as the OS in general.

I can refer to my days for a while using JAWS as well as system programming,
etc. If anyone asked me how to use jaws these days, I'd have no clue. I can't
even remember the windows shortcut mappings anymore, so need to study again lol.

when it comes to the iphone, ipad, etc, this is another step forward indeed. we
now have a tactile interface to a screen reader. "Reach out and touch" design
certainly opens up new doors to mobile devices and makes a massive game change
and I'm glad to say. I love it.

On a design thought, why not give the macbook pro a boost. give us a touch
screen interface as well as the usual keyboard and mouse interface. it would
give us a better feel and understanding of what is actually on screen rather
than just listening to the UI through shortcuts. that's one of the points
behind the iphone and ipad and it's a winner for me.

anyway enough from me. people to contact, a part lookup to do and a request for
an old apple powerbook display for a broken powerbook about to be assigned to a
new owner.

take care all and it's nice to have a home here to help.

lew
FreeMacsForTheBlind