that's it.

ffrom my own experience, I use X Code to code certain products, but after that,
I send my work off to a chap I know who can work on the GUI and between us work
on voiceover tune ups.

I do miss the old days of C++ etc. oh well lol

oh by the way. too many ghands.... You're not Vishnu are you? if so, I humbly
bow down to you.

On 29 Nov 2011, at 18:18, Travis Siegel wrote:

> It isn't (yet) possible for a voiceover user to build an apple interface from
> start to finish without sighted assistance.  This means, that if you're
> trying to use apple provided tools (such as interface builder) you're out of
> luck if you want a gui and you don't have sighted help.  On the other hand,
> it's possible to build and distribute apps built with other technologies such
> as java, without any sighted assistance at all, since java has some gui
> layouts that will do the work for you.  Then, there's the rennasaince
> development tools, which you can use to generate gui screens for you without
> need of sighted assistance.  The latest version of the renasaince system only
> works on 10.6 and later (so leopard/tiger is out) but if you're on snow
> leopard or lion, that's not a problem.
> On the other hand (have I run out of hands yet?)
> There's always apple scripts for simple tasks, which can generate a limited
> gui for small programs, and there's always terminal programs wich are of
> course not tied to any gui at all, and can be anything you like.
> The long and short of it is, if you want to use apple tools, and you want to
> build from scratch, you'll need sighted help (and fairly knowledgeable help
> at that) to do the job.  If you're modifying existing things, or using java,
> you're fine.  If you're using something else, then it's possible you can do
> it alone, but most of the time, development environments for the mac tend to
> forget there's such thing as a non-gui interface, and we're sunk on those
> systems, but if you search hard enough, you may find something that works.

Mr. L. Alexander.
Free Macs For The Blind.
E-Mail: freemacsfortheb...@mac-access.net
Direct line: 07936 877500

Free Macs For The blind is a charity project supplying older but working apple
macs for blind and visually impaired people throughout the UK FOR FREE!

Do you have an old unwanted mac, any hardware, software, old PC's, etc or a
copy of outspoken 9.2 you would be willing to donate? please get in touch.

Mac Access Dot Net; The British Mac Accessibility Network, we're here to help
anybody disabled with anything Apple!
http://www.mac-access.net