If you're setting on the e-mail itself from the person, then command shift y
it's also in the apple menu under message I believe.  If you don't have an
existing e-mail, try setting up a new message, and typing the e-mail in the to
field, then try the command shift y If that doesn't work then do control click
and see if there's a function to copy to address book.  Doing command shift y
will add the address into your e-mail's address panel don't know if it will
actualy put it in the main address book.  Think it will, but haven't actually
played with the address book much since getting the new computer, have played
with Tiger so long that I learned to just live without it because in Tiger the
address book was a nightmare.  But those are some options for you.