  From: Zachary Kline
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:18 PM
  Subject: Re: Call muting issue on 4S [Was: Re: VO muting and other
IOS5wierdness -> was iphone 4s problem.]

  Hi Brian and all,
  This is very odd, as I've not experienced this issue at all myself in the
weeks since I got my iPhone. I'm on Verizon, perhaps the network has something
to do with it?
  At any rate, as far as I'm concerned the phone works perfectly. I wish I had
more constructive feedback to offer.
  I'd suggest calling the carrier, as they can tell you what happened on their
end between the time the call arrived and you were able to speak.
  Yours,
  Zack.
  On Feb 2, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Bryan Jones wrote:

  > Geoff - I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S a few weeks ago and immediately
began to experience the first issue you mentioned below. It doesn't happen on
every call, but happens often enough to make me gun shy like the prox sensor
did back when the 4 was first released. I've ATT network, latest IOS, standard
troubleshooting, etc. Haven't notified Apple yet. Haven't experienced the
second issue you listed.

  > Bryan
  >
  > On Feb 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, Geoff Waaler wrote:
  >> what happens is that I answer a call and can hear/speak to my party for a
second or two.  Then we both go mute for about ten to fifteen seconds.  If the
person is not a regular caller, they'll likely assume the call was dropped and
hang up.  After the long pause, all goes back to normal.

  >> The second incarnation is that I do not hear my party, and in fact
discover that my phone appears to be completely turned off since activating the
mute switch does not cause any vibration.  Pressing the power button has no
affect, nor does the hard boot sequence (press and hold home and power for ten
seconds).  My phone becomes a paperweight for about ten minutes, after which I
can power it on and the functionality returns to normal.

  > You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

  > The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

  Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting