  From: Sarah Alawami
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:32 PM
  Subject: Re: remotely locking an iPhone from your mac?

  Acutally there was someone totally blind who can do it successfully wiht a
mac. I dunno how though. but they can do it every single time.

  Take care all
  On Feb 9, 2012, at 12:19 PM, Geoff Waaler wrote:

  > Hi Sarah,
  >
  > Assuming that your friend installed IOS5 and enabled "find my iphone" in
settings-->iCloud, this is sort of possible by going to the icloud.com site and
signing on with an Apple ID and selecting "find my iphone".

  > From my testing, this now only appears to be possible using either Google
Chrome or Webkit/Safari.  Be ware of a few rather severe accessibility barriers
though.  If a passcode is already set on the phone, one can select "find my
iPhone" and after pressing the unlabeled button below the device (EG joe blows
iPhone located 2 minutes ago) select "remote lock and then press a button to
confirm.  If a passcode is not set, however, the site prompts for a passcode
and confirmation.  Sadly, these fields are not accessible to voiceOver or any
other screen reading technology that I've tested so far.  Even guessing and
entering four digit numbers in the two likely places doesn't work.

  > On the Windows side (running XP pro), I can use Chrome with the same
limitation described above (IE if a passcode is not already set I'm completely
SOL), but I wouldn't dare try this using Mozilla Firefox 10.0.  When I select
"remote lock" I keep receiving the admonishment for "remote wipe" and chicken
out.

  > Best regards.
  > Geoff

mac. I've searched all over google but cannot find a way to do this. I'm asking
on behalf of a friend how to do this and I'm curious myself lol!

http://music.marrie.org/audio_mastering for more info.

mac-access@mac-access.net

  >  You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive: