I've not tried setting up triggers and macros myself, but those are the only
items in Preferences currently. Speech output is controlled via a checkbox in
the main window, in the "Commands," group. There are several of these, commands
being the most important in my experience. You interact with them to see what's
inside.
GOod luck,
Zack.