Hi all

Several people have contacted me following my message of Sunday last, both on
and off list, expressing an interest, regarding Toast Titanium Professional,
from Roxio Inc..  Thus, I thought I would make known my initial impressions.

Actually that's quite an apt term of phrase, given Roxio's historical
integration with their "Impressions" application which, I am happy to say, is
now retired, well and truly consigned to the history books.  Impressions was a
very visually appealing, but functionally restrictive application, in the last
instance, even for those who, like Lynne from whom I gleamed this information,
do not require assistive accessibility tools.

Toast 11 Pro, as it's now called, (the word "Titanium" having been dropped from
the overall suite's title, comes bundled with a number of applications for the
editing and production of photographic, sound and video content.  As yet, I
have not tried any of the bundled applications from third parties.  But it's
probably worth pointing out that they don't appear to be current versions.  For
instance, Adobe Elements 9 is now no longer available from Adobe in their Mac
OS X product family, as I understand it.  So for the moment, I will concentrate
on Toast 11 alone.  Actually those who don't require the bundled applications
would probably b content to buy Toast 11, rather than Toast 11 Pro, as it's
considerably cheaper and the Toast application is just the same.

I've not tried copying anything yet, (but I shall do so very soon).  But
initial findings would seem to indicate a far higher degree of accessibility
than in previous incarnations of the Toast application.  This will possibly be
significantly enhanced by the new Mountain Lion "Menu Extras" functionality
available buy pressing Control+F8 or VoiceOver+M twice in rapid succession.
That has always been a problem, because it is where Roxio positions its "Toast
It" options.

I'm going to go and plug in my Superdrive shortly so that I have 2 drives
available.  I will then try to make a copy of a CD which has, using NTI's
DragonBurn utility, presented some ugly problems.  So I will let you know.

Obviously I'm not going to discuss it here, but on Windows-access which is the
sister group of this one, I plan to review the Windows equivalent, "Roxio
Creator 2012".  I'll be interested to see how accessible that is as well.  More
coming on the Mac version very shortly.

<--- Gordon Smith --->

This message was written using 100 Percent recycled electrons.

gor...@mac-access.net

Follow us on Twitter:  @maciosaccess

<--->