I personally wouldn't hold to old versions unless there is a verified reason not too, apple has been reasonably good at keeping voiceover working in their own products

-----Original Message----- From: Phil Halton
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:27
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Backing off Apple software updates

There is an update to iMovie, but I'm reluctant to install it as I finally
have iMovie figured out and am afraid Apple may break some of the
accessibility in the new version. Is there a way to back off an update and
revert to a previous version once you've installed the update?

On the iPhone I did this by simply deleting the updated version and
resyncing to retrieve the old. How about on the Mac?

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free!