No, at this point, what I'd suggest you do is go into System Preferences
and navigate to Bluetooth.
Then, find the table of devices and remove anything referencing the Magic
Trackpad.
Reboot the Mac and when it's up and running, press the button on the right side
of the Magic Trackpad for just a second.  You should get a pairing request on
the Mac and just select the pair button.

    If this is not working.
1. Are you sure the batteries are in right?
2. What kind of potential interference might you have in the area that might
cause issues with radio devices.
3. If you can, try to pair the Trackpad with another Mac.
4. If all that fails, take the trackpad and your Mac to the Apple store.  If
you can't take the Mac, jsut take the trackpad and explain the steps you have
taken to troubleshoot the problem and that you want to determine if the device
is defective.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION