go through each tab and set the stuff. the first tab is like the save as
dialogue. but what I do is I choose not to remove the originals and to save the
batched stuff some ware else.

after that  and if you want to add artist info to the meta data tab and effects
to the effects tab click the area where it says to do that with vo shift space
and choose the folder. to choose the folder you must hit cmd o not cmd down
arrow so let's say your thing was in~/music/stuff/convert

you would click the area then browse to your hime dir with cmd shift h then cmd
down arrow on music then to stuff then cmd o on convert. then wait.

Good luck.