To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:19 PM
Subject: A question for Apple TV Users: What hardware are you using foraudio-out?

Hi Folks -- I've setup a current generation Apple TV and connected it via HDMI to my television. The speakers built into the television are pretty bad, so I've started thinking about using the Apple TV's optical digital audio-out port, AKA toslink or S/PDIF to connect to an external audio system for better sound. Unfortunately, my ancient home audio system does not have the requisite toslink port, just RCA jacks. From the research I've done I know it is possible to purchase a toslink / RCA converter but before I do that I'd be interested in hearing from Apple TV owners who are using the toslink audio-out port, with either the digital connection or the RCA converter. If you are happy with the results you are getting and don't mind sharing, I'd also be interested in knowing the make and model of audio equipment you are using with your Apple TV and the level of accessibility of that equipment.

Experienced opinions only, please. I've done my preliminary research and am just looking to hear some real-world feedback.

Cheers & TIA,
Bryan

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by visiting the list website at: