Shannon,
You might want to look into an item called the web rotor. The command you want
is the O-u. This enables you to navigate by links, headings, or whatever, just
as in more familiar programs. With this particular case, I might also suggest
these Safari reader, command-shift-R. This declutters a lot of pages, and was
intended for news articles in particular. :-)
All the best,
Zack.

Sent from my iPhone