Hi David,

In the off chance Anne’s suggestion doesn’t produce the desired results, you
might consider trying the sledgehammer approach AKA install MS Office for Mac.
While MS Office 2011 for Mac does not provide the ability to view or edit Word
documents, the menu bar and printing functions in Office 2011 Mac are VO
accessible, and, interestingly, the print preview thumbnails displayed within
the print dialog box are also somewhat VO accessible. For complex DOC or DOCX
files, it might be a workable solution if cross-platform maintenance of
formatting is critical and if printing, rather than reviewing or editing, is
the goal.

I’ve found I can open a Word document in Word 2011, press Command+P to open the
Print dialog box, and access all available print options by using standard VO
navigation keys to move through the print dialog. VO will also read the page
currently displayed in the print preview thumbnail, and I can even interact
with that thumbnail and navigate through it. Make sure the “Copies & Pages”
item is selected in the popup menu, and make sure the checkbox labeled “Show
Quick Preview” is ticked.

Here in the US, MS offers a trial download with a number of setup options as
listed below. I’m guessing similar options are available outside of the US. A
web search for mac office 2011 trial download turns up several official
Microsoft sites hosting the download links. The install process is fully VO
accessible. Upon first launch of any of the Office apps the User is presented
with VO-accessible dialogs, one of which ass how you would like to run Office.
The options go something like this:
1. Insert a license key.
2. Sign into an existing Office 365 subscription.
3. Run as fully functioning 30 day demo.
4. Run permanently as a document viewer without editing capabilities.

HTH,
Bryan