Hi Esther,

the one that jumps out at me there is the Screenflow application.  Do you by
any chance know how it compares to Camtasia?  We can get that one for free at
work but I’d be more than happy to pay the 69 dollars if I thought there were
advantages.  Given I do a lot of UI and Web Design teaching something like this
would be fantastic.

Dónal
On 29 Nov 2013, at 13:59, Esther <mori...@mac-access.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In connection with Black Friday, the first day after U.S. Thanksgiving, when
> there are sales to start off the Christmas shopping season, a number of
> interesting sales have shown up in the Mac App Store for applications or
> subjects that have been recently discussed.  Some of these will be for today
> only, some for the Friday and Saturday, and some will extend through Monday.
>
> Here are a few of the items I've noted:
> • ABBYY Fine Reader Express $49.99 (50% off regular price, this weekend only)
> http://itunes.apple.com/app/abbyy-finereader-express/id412310371?mt=12
> • Checkbook Pro $11.99 (normally $24.99, on sale -- last year it was for
> Friday only)
> http://itunes.apple.com/app/checkbook-pro/id412490330?mt=12
> • Audiobook Builder $1.99 (normally $5.99)
> http://itunes.apple.com/app/audiobook-builder/id406226796?mt=12
>
> ABBYY Fine Reader Express for OCR has a15-day free trial download at:
> http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_for_mac/trial/#
> You can find the Splasm Software trial downloads for Checkbook Pro at:
> http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/downloads.html
> and for Audiobook Builder at:
> http://www.splasm.com/audiobookbuilder/downloads.html
>
> Looks like there is no 1Password Mac sale this year.
>
> Telestream sent out an email with a 30% discount code of "BlackCyber2013"
> (excluding the quotation marks) for the purchase of their products between
> November 27 - December 2, 2013.  They make a product called Flip4Mac that
> lets you play Windows Media formats in QuickTime (in free and paid versions
> that let you encode more formats), but they also make a product called
> Screenflow that allows you to screen capture in video format from your Mac to
> do demos and presentations of app usage.  I know some VoiceOver users use
> this software (lists for $99, would be $69.30 with the discount). Here's the
> Screenflow web site, which also has their free trial download link:
> http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/
>
> Southern Stars also sent me links to the free versions of their SkySafari
> planetarium apps for both the Mac and for iOS, good from this Friday through
> Sunday (though the links actually started working yesterday):
> • SkySafari 1.8 for Mac OS X (free, regularly $4.99)
> https://itunes.apple.com/app/skysafari/id451895081?mt=12
> I've generally used the iOS app, which is accessible for all the information
> parts, though I have used an older version of the Mac app,  Here's the iOS
> app link:
> • SkySafari 3.8.5 for iOS (free, regularly $2.99)
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skysafari-3/id437108143?mt=8
>
> They've also put their SkySafari Plus and Pro versions for Mac and iOS (and
> Android) on sale for 25%.  These are versions with larger object databases on
> comets, distant galaxies and stars, etc.
>
> HTH.  Cheers,
>
> Esther

Dr. Dónal Fitzpatrick,
School of Computing,
Dublin City University,
Glasnevin,
Dublin 9, Ireland
Tel. +353-(0)1-700-8929
fax: +353-(0)1-700-5442
email: dfitzpat (at) computing.dcu.ie

Email Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for use by the addressee. Any unauthorised dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
and delete the message. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail may
solely be the views of the author and cannot be relied upon as being those of
Dublin City University. E-mail communications such as this cannot be guaranteed
to be virus-free, timely, secure or error-free and Dublin City University does
not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail."