Hello Aleeha,

Welcome to the list. This is an interesting question. Are you certain these
problematic long descriptions are coded as Alt text? Are you able to hear these
descriptions using a different screen reader? If you browse through the various
lists of elements in the web rotor (VO+u) and the list of all items as
displayed in the item chooser (VO+i), do you hear them read anywhere? Are you
experiencing this issue on any other websites? Are you able to provide a link
to an example problem so other members of the list can try to troubleshoot?
Have you tried working the site with a browser other than the stock Safari?
I’ve had a number of issues where the current version of Safari will not read
certain items on certain websites, the most common issue being with headings.
Two popular alternative browsers are Google Chrome and Webkit. I’d recommend
trying the latest nightly build of Webkit, which can be downloaded from
webkit.org.

HTH,
Cheers,
Bryan