It's sorted now thanks to my own messing. Turned out I had it speak when contact returns from away and or idle causing it to say "contact become active" which I didn't really want. What I'd like to see though is the ability to preview what will be spoken for that event. It's all very well having it speak the event aloud but what will it actually say? We don't know till it actually happens. Now as for sounds they play just fine in the events table. Otherwise I like it and consider using it full time if I choose not to use Skype.

Regards Chris

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!

On 17/03/2014 00:44, Christopher gilland wrote:
I never have had that problem, ever.  You have to be sure that you set
your events up correctly, but as long as you do that, it works very very
well.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Apple boy"
<christopher...@gmail.com>
To: "OS X & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:13 AM
Subject: Adium as of today

How is Adium as of today? The last time I used it it was ok but didn't
like the system voice announcing when someone is connected then
online. If they're connected then to me they're online or in some
other status other than offline so don't need to know whether they're
connected as well as their actual status. As a result I gave up on it.
Any comments greatly appreciated.
--
Regards Chris

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!

You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access
forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to
ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware,
Trojan, virus and worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace
your own security strategy.  We assume neither liability nor
responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at:

.